These aren’t just three qualities that we look for in a Schemmer team member; they also describe how we approach the needs of our clients. We believe in creating an environment where professionals are empowered to shape their career. Where there is a healthy balance of work and home life. Our team members are encouraged to get involved in their communities and neighborhoods. We celebrate lifelong learning, provide resources and opportunities, and offer support in your pursuit of success.
Our principals and project manager impart decades of knowledge in collaborative mentoring sessions, teaching why, not just how. We encourage teamwork and approach projects as a cohesive, goal-oriented group.
We offer stability
Our values are deeply rooted in leadership, professionalism and a strong desire to serve others. Over the last five decades, this belief system and a dedicated Midwestern work ethic allowed Schemmer to attain a higher level of knowledge and long-term growth. Part of our success is due to an unwavering commitment to leadership. We actively seek out and implement the latest technology to add value to the clients that we serve. Our proactive nature has also led to greater productivity, better-equipped professionals, and a greater competitive edge.
We foster growth
We believe that our ongoing success is due to the people on our team. Schemmer is Employee Owned, with an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) that includes open book financial management, stock distributions, and a profit sharing plan. We put a strong emphasis on both technical and leadership training, coupled with a diverse range of design disciplines and consulting services, to help our professionals maximize the potential of their career.
Our development and growth opportunities include:
- Tuition assistance for full-time professionals: Schemmer will reimburse 50% of the tuition, fees and book expenses upon successful completion of courses approved in advance.
- Schemmer Leadership Academy: Schemmer provides quality educational opportunities for future company leaders while enhancing professional growth, leadership skills, teamwork and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Continuous growth and team-building opportunities: We create regular company lunch-and-learn sessions
We believe in strong benefits and competitive wages
To gain and retain highly motivated, skilled professionals, we believe that it’s imperative to provide them with quality benefits and competitive wages. Each year we complete an in-depth analysis of the current national industry norms to ensure that our wages are competitive. Schemmer also offers a variety of healthcare benefits and voluntary benefits designed to help maximize coverage, while controlling costs for you and the firm.
Our outstanding benefits package includes:
- Insurance benefits including life, LTD, and STD insurance at no cost, health/dental/vision insurance, HSA and Section 125 Plans
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k plan with employer match
- Alternate work schedules
- Company sponsored events for you and your family
- Length of service recognition and gifts
- Recognition through KUDOS and Extra Mile awards
- Summer Hours
We celebrate wellness
Schemmer knows that our professionals make this company what it is. We believe that your health is an important factor in your success at work, and at home. Our wellness program is designed to educate, assist and encourage each of our team members to achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Reduced premiums for participants in the wellness program
- Educational seminars lead by local experts
- Stipend to apply towards gym membership
- Sponsorship in approved events (charity run/walks, etc.)
- Annual health assessment
- Annual biometric screenings (cholesterol and diabetes testing as well as a complete blood count and blood pressure reading)
- Health coaching
We respect community involvement
To further encourage our professionals to create a well-rounded lifestyle, we give our employees opportunities to connect to causes they care about, and volunteer in the communities where we work and live. As a company, we participate in community-based programs by volunteering, as well as through charitable grants and matching gifts. The American Red Cross, Habitat For Humanity, Nebraska Children’s Home Society’s Sand in the City and an annual United Way campaign are just some of the ways that Schemmer’s professionals are helping to create a better tomorrow.