As facility assessment specialists, our design professionals balance the issues of feasibility, cost and aggressive schedules with the unique and diverse needs of our clients.
Our comprehensive facility assessment features two major components:
Condition Assessment: This survey allows us to identify the architectural, structural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical and site conditions. We will address your facility’s physical condition, its life span, and whether or not it complies with current codes.
Functional Assessment: We will utilize this survey to determine the adequacy of a building to house its intended function. This information helps answer the following questions: How many people and how much equipment can be accommodated? Is there enough space and is it configured properly, or are there space surpluses, deficiencies or functional inadequacies?
The data in both components is stored in proprietary software that helps to manage deferred maintenance and forecast capital renewal. You may need one or both of the facility assessments. Schemmer has a team of professionals specially trained to conduct both types of assessments.
In order to efficiently and effectively conduct a complete facility assessment, Schemmer has developed a proprietary facility assessment software program called FACILITATE, which is unique to our firm. This program enables our team to input data on-site and in real time, quickly compiling the information for analysis and reporting.
- Determine building deficiencies
- Benchmark a facility against current codes and standards
- Determine priorities for short- and long-term facility issues
- Establish capital budgets for facility improvements
- Develop a deferred maintenance program
- Fact basis for facility master planning
- Position your facility for competitiveness in the marketplace
- A necessary component for operational, financial and marketing planning