With proven knowledge in nearly all types of structural engineering, Schemmer’s specialty is most evident in building engineering. Our team has experience with new buildings, additions and renovations; historic and significant structures; condition assessments, repairs and rehabilitations, and a variety of other types of work.
Inspired by new challenges and strategic collaboration, the number of industries we serve continues to grow and evolve. They include: construction, addition or renovation of industrial, government, retirement communities/ life care, education/child care, recreation, commercial, retail, historic preservation, maintenance and religious buildings.
- Design of new buildings and building additions, utilizing steel, concrete, masonry or timber construction.
- Structural modifications during a building renovation, restoration or alteration.
- Determination of load ratings for existing structures, or to determine adequacy due to increased loading or snow drifting.
- Structural condition assessment to investigate distress and deterioration, and evaluate their affects on structural performance.
- Design of structural modifications and repairs identified and recommended through a structural condition assessment.
- Design of code-compliant storm shelters.
- Cost estimating for potential repairs, renovations, restorations or modifications.
- Historic preservation and restoration.
- Peer reviews and value engineering recommendations.
- Expert witness testimony.
- Specialty design of platforms, cranes/hoists, pipe bridges, equipment/tank foundations, high-mast lighting and signs.