3D Scanning Technology for Real Estate
According to the National Association of Realtors (NAR), there were 1.45 million realtors in the United States toward the end of 2020. While we look at the opportunities for 3D Scanning Technology in real estate, it helps to review the top three technology tools that give realtors the highest quality of leads:
- social media sites (47%),
- MLS websites/apps (32%) and
- brokerage and listing aggregator website (29%).
Forty eight percent of all real estate firms cited keeping up with technology as one of the biggest challenges facing their firm in the next two years.
Schemmer’s 3D Scanning Technology for Real Estate
That’s where Schemmer fits in. That is to say, we will help you keep up with technology. As a result, you can ensure you are providing your clients with a first-rate experience that streamlines the renting/buying experience all while saving you time and money. Schemmer will utilize our Leica RTC360 Laser Scanner to help your clients see and experience a property with the use of 3D scanning. This cutting-edge technology shoots two million points per second and creates 360-degree advanced High Dynamic Range (HDR) imaging. The scan can be used in a variety of ways such as:
- Virtual 3D Walk-through
- Buyers/renters can get an immersive online experience. The virtual tour/walk-through gives them an opportunity to see from afar as if they were there in person.
- Create Plans from Point Cloud
- Map/plans of the space.
- Lease Outline Drawing (LOD) – shows square footage dimensions of space and allows you to take inventory of physical assets you may be acquiring such as furniture and cubicles.
- Building Information Modeling (BIM) – will help plan for design, construction and fabrication.
- Utilizing Point Cloud for Design
- Having a laser scan prior to design, can reduce the time it takes to document existing conditions and reduce expenses during construction by having a complete and accurate account of what is actually there.
- With the right software and design team, Owners can view their design within the context of the existing building. This technology, referred to as "Augmented Reality," gives Owners the ability to visualize their design and make design decisions easier.
"Laser scanning for Real Estate provides an increased accuracy over other 3D panoramic imaging. Along with the 3D images, we can provide potential Owners plans, sections and virtual walkthroughs that will let them navigate through the digital environment," said Schemmer's Technology Specialist and BIM Manager, Josh Murphy, BPAC.
3D Scanning Technology Will Close the Deal Faster
We pride ourselves on the use of current technology to enhance design capabilities, help your buyers/renters visualize the space and increase efficiency as you utilize technology to give you the extra edge to close the deal faster.
According to NAR, photos (87%), detailed information about properties (85%) and floor plans (52%) are the most valuable website features about online properties. Whether you need to create a virtual walkthrough for your website/social media site or are looking to make tenant improvements to your building and need a floor plan overlaid on a 3D model, Schemmer has all of your needs covered.
Contact Schemmer for your 3D Scanning Services Today!
Schemmer would love to come to your building or site and provide a live or virtual demonstration of what our scanner and software can do for your project.
Design with Purpose. Build with Confidence.
Schemmer is a full-service architecture, engineering, and construction field services consultant, providing responsible solutions for complex design and construction-related challenges.
Founded in 1959, we are grounded in our past but remain fully committed to the future. Located in four states and seven offices throughout the Midwest, Schemmer is providing services to clients from coast-to-coast and border-to-border across the United States.
- Field Services