In the first of Schemmer’s Construction Lending Blog Series we discussed Phase I ESA’s and how they are an essential piece of the puzzle when it comes to the Construction Lending Process. The next piece of the puzzle that Schemmer can assist with during this process is an ALTA Survey. It’s always smart to play it safe during property transfers and land developing by completing an ALTA Survey before signing any legal documentation. Anything less could lead to legal problems in the future, such as existing easements or encroachments.
Let’s break down an ALTA survey and why they are an essential piece to success.
- May disclose issues that may not be obtained from a title search
- Are more intensive and will provide comprehensive and detailed information
- Provide information about boundaries and easements, as well as improvements such as fences, trails, roads, right-of-way and other features on the property
- Will show means of access to the property, and zoning and flood zone classification
- Ensure security interests and investments are protected from adverse claims
- Assist the lender and purchaser in evaluating the property for potential risks and benefits of owning the property
- Adhere to minimum standards adopted by the American Land Title Association (ALTA) and the National Society of Professional Surveyors
- Typically takes two weeks for Schemmer’s survey team to complete
“The most interesting thing about an ALTA survey for me is uncovering the history of the property, the age of it, who all the owners were, as well as examining the entire property. At the end of the day, I enjoy the satisfaction of performing these types of services because ultimately it is helping our clients achieve their goals,” said Schemmer’s Dan Marti, PLS, Survey Manager.
To ensure there are no surprises when it comes to your property, call or email Dan Marti, PLS, for your next ALTA Survey. He’s been at this game for nearly two decades and will put your mind at ease so you can confidently move forward with your project.
Dan Marti, PLS
402.493.4800 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to watch for the next piece of our Construction Lending puzzle.
Design with Purpose. Build with Confidence.
Schemmer has been providing our client’s survey services for six decades. Our team of knowledgeable and experienced surveyors will provide you with absolute accuracy and the responsive service you deserve to ensure your project is a success before you even break ground.
- Registered Surveyors
- Competitive Pricing
- Delivery of Reliable and Accurate Information in a Timely Manner
- Latest Applications of Surveying Technology
Our Survey Services include:
- Boundary Land Surveyors
- Topographic Surveys
- ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys
- Utility Surveys
- Property Legal Descriptions
- Subdivision Plats
- GIS/GPS Data Gathering & Mapping Services
- Horizontal & Vertical Control
- Geodetic Land Surveyors
- Photogrammetric Control
- Right-of-Way Survey & Design
- Hydraulic Surveys for Bridge Scour
- Drone Technology