Schemmer’s Bryce Johnson, PE, LEED AP, QCxP, wears many hats.
- Mechanical Engineer - Bryce Johnson specializes in the design, specification, and operational characteristics of HVAC, plumbing and fire suppression systems. The physics of fluid flow, heat transfer and combustion is widely used in mechanical engineering consulting.
- Family Man – Bryce is married to an amazing woman and father of two daughters (and a dog).
- Building Commissioning - Bryce evaluates and ensures all systems and components of a building are designed, installed, tested, operated and maintained according to the Owner’s Project Requirements and the Basis of Design. (The 2018 IECC has a nice clean checklist describing the process.)
- Running – Bryce is an avid runner. He participates in Trek Up the Tower sponsored by Wellbeing Partners and the OrthoNebraska-sponsored Market to Market Relay every year.
- Operations Support - After listening to a client’s needs, Bryce will provide a full-service approach that is tailored to client needs, budget and timeline. Services often include commissioning and energy benchmarking that will have a positive impact on the real and measurable value of the facility and efficiency of the business.
- Engagement – Bryce is a member of Schemmer’s Wellness and Employee Engagement Committees. He has also been tasked with purchasing the coffee machine for the Lincoln office.
Bryce is a graduate of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln where he received a Bachelor of Science and Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering. He started his career as a design engineer in nuclear power in 1993, switched to HVAC in 1995, and received his professional license in Nebraska in 1997. Since then, he has developed project experience in various market sectors including healthcare, education, commercial, industrial and religious facilities. Bryce’s work focuses on design, observation, analysis, recommendation reports and specification of HVAC, plumbing and fire suppression systems.
When providing commissioning services, Bryce works to understand an issue before he can lead the Cx Team to a resolution. The time it takes him to uncover resolutions varies. Sometimes a resolution is obvious and already within the Basis of Design. Other issues call for teamwork and communication between the Owner, Designer and Contractor. It takes a little patience on the Owner’s part to understand that. Many times, Bryce needs access to building information and data that isn’t readily available, so it’s a forensic engineering process for him to go after data – especially in Retro or Continuous Commissioning.
Many companies offer commissioning services in separate packages. Schemmer offers a unique package of services, called Operations Support, recognizing that it could take a number of approaches to solve the problem. Bryce and our in-house team can quickly and efficiently provide solutions for clients. A unique Systems Manual has been developed for clients, called OPERATE, that gathers information from planning through substantial completion and into the occupied cycle of the building lifecycle. When coupled with reality capture this becomes a Digital Twin of the actual built environment.
Bryce and our trained commissioning team take an integrated, problem-solving approach for your facility, taking into account the interaction between systems. By streamlining the operations in your building and optimizing big energy consumption items such as lighting, HVAC, computers, process equipment, etc. to only use the amount of energy needed to perform their tasks, they will save you money and create a more comfortable environment.
Contact Bryce Johnson for any of your Mechanical Engineering, Building Commissioning and Operation Support needs.
402.493.4800 Ext. 6222
SCHEMMER - DESIGN WITH PURPOSE. BUILD WITH CONFIDENCE.
Schemmer is a full-service architecture, engineering and construction field services consultant, providing responsible solutions for complex design and construction-related challenges.
Founded in 1959, we are grounded in our past but remain fully committed to the future. Located in four States and seven offices throughout the Midwest, Schemmer is providing services to clients from coast-to-coast and border-to-border across the United States.
Schemmer's services include:
- Field Services