Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
Wyatt Earp’s famous quote holds just as true in the construction industry as it did back in the Wild West. Construction processes are complex and the need to maintain accuracy is vital, which is why Construction Verification is an essential part of the building process. Lending Institutions, Developers, Public Agencies, and Private Owners invest large sums of money to bring horizontal and vertical construction projects to fruition. Construction Verification can help ensure what has been put to paper is included in the final build.
The following graph from Popular Science shows that unforeseen changes have a bigger impact on cost and performance the later they appear in a project’s timeline. So logically, wouldn’t you want someone paying attention to how your building is being constructed to ensure the work performed is in compliance with construction documents?
Schemmer's Construction Verification Services
At Schemmer, we offer valuable assistance to Lending Institutions, Developers, and Public Agencies through our third-party construction observation and administration services. Our third-party observation process has proven invaluable to clients responsible for financing. Schemmer offers:
- Experience - In-depth experience in construction techniques and management.
- Risk Management - Understanding, evaluating, and addressing risks to maximize the chances of objectives being achieved and ensuring minimization or elimination of unacceptable risks.
- Quality Assurance - Review the pre-construction quality assurance plan.
- Communication - Enhanced communication with clients and contractors through formatted documents that are clear, concise, and report progress and quality of work.
- Schedule - Assist in determining the progress status and chart contractor’s proposed schedule to percent complete.
- On-Site Observation - Scheduled on-site project observation throughout the construction process.
- Contractor Payment - Review and recommend the contractor’s application for payment.
When you team with Schemmer, you can be confident that we'll work harder and smarter to ensure that when all is said and done, your vision has become a reality.
Design with Purpose. Build with Confidence.
Schemmer is a full-service architecture, engineering, and construction field services, consultant. Providing responsible solutions for complex design and construction-related challenges.
Founded in 1959, we are grounded in our past but remain fully committed to the future. Located in three States and six offices throughout the Midwest, Schemmer is providing services to clients from coast-to-coast and border-to-border across the United States.
Schemmer's services include:
- Field Services