Schemmer completed a master plan, existing buildings analysis and preliminary designs for improvements to the Children’s Square U.S.A. 10-acre campus in Council Bluffs. The 130-year-old institution, which serves the needs of children, youth and families has ever-evolving and expanding needs for the treatment and education of children and adolescents experiencing serious emotional disorders.
Our approach to planning a vision for the future, included:
· An analysis of existing buildings to determine future viability and costs for improvements related to architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical needs
· An assessment of existing site conditions including parking and traffic flow to meet current and future needs
· Zoning review and recommendations
· Conceptual campus land-use options to respond to future programmatic needs
· Conceptual designs for identified critical building needs
The completed campus master plan will enable Children’s Square U.S.A. to embark on efforts to realize their vision.
· Interior design
· Mechanical engineering
· Structural engineering
· Civil engineering
· Electrical engineering