Project Spotlight: Nebraskan Student Union | University of Nebraska - Kearney
Schemmer was retained to revitalize all major student spaces of the ground level and second level lobby and upgrade interior finishes in primary circulation spaces of the Nebraskan Student Union project.
The new design:
- refreshes the main entry
- provides a more prominent welcome desk
- better sight lines and wayfinding
- more open and connected student space in the building that has had two large additions and various renovations over 55 years.
Aesthetics and activity level enhance and enliven the Union to provide a unique recruitment tool for new students. Starbucks and Chick-fil-A are retail food service providers in the food court to supplement the existing Subway restaurant.
Improvements to the ground level student spaces included:
- New mechanical systems
The Nebraskan Student Union project also includes:
- Two new meeting rooms near the main entry to support the wide range of activities that take place at the Union.
- A collaboration space to serve the variety of activities that take place at the Union, which includes many student organizations.
The main, two-story informal student gathering space, located near the food vendors, is provided with a large video wall to enable a variety of programmed events. An adjacent lounge with fireplace offers students another option for gathering or individual study.
Design with Purpose. Build with Confidence.
Schemmer is a full-service architecture, engineering and construction field services consultant. Providing responsible solutions for complex design and construction-related challenges.
Founded in 1959, we are grounded in our past but remain fully committed to the future. Located in three States and six offices throughout the Midwest, Schemmer is providing services to clients from coast-to-coast and border-to-border across the United States.
Schemmer's services include:
- Field Services