Cathedral of the Risen Christ retained Schemer to assist with design efforts relating to their ambitious and transformational “Alumni Way” Project. This was unique in that it was a singular focus that tactically intertwined multiple pressing needs for the school’s aging facility.
The five addressed needs were:
- Adequate space for special needs programming
- Safe and secure entry
- Common meeting space
- A facelift for the dated facade and entry
- Wall of Fame to recognize and honor distinguished families and alumni
To accommodate these needs, Schemmer designed an addition and interior remodel providing the following features:
- New drop-off lane and dedicated entry walkway to keep traffic at a safe distance from students during pick-up and drop-off
- A new 1,500 SF addition off of the school’s east entry that provides secured front entry vestibule, conference space, front office area with direct access and visibility to entry and both main corridors, entryway wall, prominent and highly visible architectural statement
- Interior remodel that renovated the former office area into a designated resource area for special needs programming.
In addition to developing design and construction drawings, Schemmer assisted with the selection of the Construction Manager, site survey, and geotechnical services for the project.