In the field of land surveying, the ALTA Survey is regarded as one of the most highly detailed products and considered the “gold standard” of land surveys to commercial real estate professionals.
Commercial transactions can be overwhelming especially when multiple parties and large amounts of money are involved. One of the most common items title professionals and lenders rely on to minimize liability during the purchasing process, is an ALTA Survey.
What is an ALTA Survey?
The ALTA Survey is a land parcel map, showing all existing improvements of the property, utilities and significant observations within the insured estate. The survey also details the licensed surveyor's findings concerning the property boundaries and how they relate to the title. The ALTA Survey is an invaluable document on which all members of the transaction can rely on to help in determining potential risks and future benefits of owning a property.
Schemmer can assist with an ALTA Survey before you sign any legal documentation, helping you play it safe during property transfers and land development. Anything less could lead to legal problems in the future, such as existing easements or encroachments.
Benefits of Schemmer ALTA Survey
The many benefits of an ALTA Survey are:
- May disclose issues that may not be obtained from a title search
- Are more intensive and will provide comprehensive and detailed information
- Provide information about boundaries and easements, as well as improvements such as fences, trails, roads, right-of-way, and other features on the property
- Will show means of access to the property, and zoning and flood zone classification
- Ensure security interests and investments are protected from adverse claims
- Assist the lender and purchaser in evaluating the property for potential risks and benefits of owning the property
- Adhere to minimum standards adopted by the American Land Title Association (ALTA) and the National Society of Professional Surveyors
- Typically takes two weeks for Schemmer’s survey team to complete
Design with Purpose. Build with Confidence.
Schemmer has been providing our client’s survey services for six decades. Our team of knowledgeable and experienced surveyors will provide you with absolute accuracy and the responsive service you deserve to ensure your project is a success before you even break ground.
- Registered Surveyors
- Competitive Pricing
- Delivery of Reliable and Accurate Information in a Timely Manner
- Latest Applications of Surveying Technology
Our Survey Services include:
- Boundary Land Surveyors
- Topographic Surveys
- ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys
- Utility Surveys
- Property Legal Descriptions
- Subdivision Plats
- GIS/GPS Data Gathering & Mapping Services
- Horizontal & Vertical Control
- Geodetic Land Surveyors
- Photogrammetric Control
- Right-of-Way Survey & Design
- Hydraulic Surveys for Bridge Scour
- Drone Technology