Schemmer Wishes You A Happy Thanksgiving
We know Thanksgiving may look different for many of us this year. No matter how you plan to celebrate, Schemmer sincerely hopes that you all stay safe and healthy through the holiday season and beyond.
And in case you're staying home and have to cook a turkey for the first time, here's a recipe for the "World's Simplest Thanksgiving Turkey!"
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Pull the neck and giblets out of the cavity; ditch the liver and save the rest of the giblets for gravy.
- Dry the turkey with paper towels, then season inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Fill the turkey with aromatics like chopped onions, carrots, apples and herbs, then place breast-side up in a roasting pan and brush with melted butter.
- Tent with foil and roast for 2 hours (for a 10- to 12-pound turkey; add an extra 15 minutes per pound for larger birds).
- Remove the foil, baste with more melted butter and crank the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roast for another hour or until the meat at the thigh registers 165 degrees F. Let rest while you make the gravy.
From all of us at Schemmer we wish you a Happy Thanksgiving! In recognition of the Thanksgiving holiday, our offices will be closed on November 26th and 27th.
Submit a photo of your best cooked turkey for a chance to win a $25 gift card!
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your prized poultry and if you're the winner you can choose a gift card to Kohls, Walmart, Target or donate the $25 to your local food bank!
Design with Purpose. Build with Confidence.
Schemmer is a full-service architecture, engineering and construction field services consultant. Providing responsible solutions for complex design and construction-related challenges.
Founded in 1959, we are grounded in our past but remain fully committed to the future. Located in three States and six offices throughout the Midwest, Schemmer is providing services to clients from coast-to-coast and border-to-border across the United States.
Schemmer's services include:
- Field Services