Schemmer is Your Go-To Multi-Family Project Partner
Schemmer designs with a purpose, honoring our clients’ goals and enhancing people’s lives. We offer experience in multi-family planning and design. Our team studies and responds to each location, delivering solutions that support current lifestyles and anticipate future needs. As part of our creative and collaborative process, we provide clients with a wealth of valuable information on multi-family trends and ideas to consider - from innovative community gathering spaces to building systems and energy upgrades.
We have extensive experience with a wide variety of multi-family housing projects including market rate, affordable, ground up, additions, renovations, multi-building communities, and single multi-unit complexes. We also have extensive experience with Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) applications and projects.
Multi-Family Housing Services
As a full-service firm, Schemmer can provide all facilities design, engineering, and site-related services for multi-family housing projects. These in-house services include:
- Architecture - planning, design, programming, project management, studies, and reports
- Interior Design - design coordination, finishes, furnishings, and equipment
- Structural Engineering - assessments, building engineering, forensic engineering
- Mechanical Engineering - HVAC, plumbing, fire sprinkler systems, energy conservation
- Electrical Engineering - lighting, power and data, security, emergency power, site lighting, electrical distribution
- Civil/Site Engineering - land planning, drainage, paving, utilities, off-site utilities, stormwater management
- Geotechnical Engineering - soils testing, materials testing
- Surveying - boundary, topographical, easements, GIS, FEMA mapping
- Facilities Program Management - management of multiple projects, construction contractor coordination, cost containment, and permitting.
Public and Governmental Housing
Schemmer also brings strong expertise and experience in public and governmental housing. Project types include:
- HUD Housing Programs, Section 202 (Elderly), 232 (Care Facilities), 811 (Disabilities)
- Federal Fair Housing Standards
- Affordable Housing
- Market-rate Housing
- LIHTC application assistance
- Military Family Housing at approximately 50 installations
- Multi-family Housing Pool Enclosure
- Multi-family Housing Underground Parking
- Design of new facilities
- Residential condition assessments
- Assessment of livability standards
- Historical assessments
- Building systems upgrades
- ADA Improvements
Recent Multi-Family Projects
Council Bluffs, Iowa’s vision is to rebuild West Broadway, an urban two-mile stretch, to serve as an attractive front door to the community. It serves to unite the neighborhoods, provides access and connectivity, and stimulates economic redevelopment and private investment in existing properties.
The Western Gateway Project at 34th Street and 1st Avenue will help carry this vision by re-imagining the 8-1/2 acre property into a development that reflects the community’s care for its image, public spaces, and quality of life.
The Post Lofts is a 15,500 SF mixed-use urban rehabilitation project located at 14th and P Streets in Lincoln. Three early 1900s buildings were joined together with updated infrastructure. Updates include a new roof structure, new floor, modern utilities, façade restoration, and historically-accurate window replacement.
Schemmer designed a multifamily development located on 18-acres in West Omaha. Construction is set to begin soon. The project includes 268 apartments consisting of one, two, and three-bedroom units in 12, three-story buildings. These buildings are designed to meet the criteria of the National Green Building Standards. The development also features a 7,000 SF clubhouse and outdoor pool.
The Sioux Falls Mixed-Use Development was designed to house a multi-tenant office structure and residential apartments. Schemmer separated the two functions from each other with a common entry and vertical circulation structure. This allowed Schemmer to place the entire office façade on one of the State’s busiest streets while fronting the four-story/44-unit apartment building along the side street and toward Downtown with its popular shops, restaurants, and parks.
Wilderness Creek Residences is a three-story, 65,120 SF market-rate apartment building with underground parking. It consists of 46 units ranging in size. Efficiency, one, two, and three-bedroom units with an open concept are provided. The main level common area living space has a fireplace and balcony overlooking the adjacent creek valley of mature trees. Residents are also provided with amenities such as a fitness center, lounge room, storage units, and a private dog park area.
DESIGN WITH PURPOSE. BUILD WITH CONFIDENCE.
Schemmer is a full-service architecture, engineering, and construction field services consultant, providing responsible solutions for complex design and construction-related challenges.
Founded in 1959, we are grounded in our past but remain fully committed to the future. Located in four states and eight offices throughout the Midwest, Schemmer is providing services to clients from coast-to-coast and border-to-border across the United States.
Schemmer's services include:
- Field Services