Spotlight – Des Moines Pride and Iowa Projects
A handful of our Schemmer employees are proud to call Des Moines, Iowa, home. Their architectural design expertise shines through on our Iowa projects, including the ones featured below. The team also has a love for the city and alma mater runs deep. From the gilded gold capitol dome to the most important city in the U.S. presidential politics to the famous butter cow, Des Moines continues to make its mark in many ways. It is one of the fastest-growing metro areas in the Midwest and is beaming with community pride and accolades.
Des Moines, Iowa, Fun Facts:
- Ranks number seven in “Best Places to Live” by U.S. News and World Report
- Population of more than 217,000 residents
- One of the finest capitol buildings in the United States – its dome is encrusted with 23-karat gold
- Site of the first caucuses of the presidential primary cycle
- Home to one of the largest state fairs in the country
- In 1982, Ozzy Osbourne bit the head off of a bat while at a concert that was hosted in Des Moines
- Home to El Bait Shop – a bar and grill with more than 260 beers on tap and the world’s largest selection of American craft beers, and last but not least…
- Home to Schemmer’s Des Moines office that provides architecture, engineering and construction field services
Over the past 20 years, Des Moines has transformed into one of the most vibrant and hip cities in the country. It is home to a thriving local arts scene, entrepreneurial startups and established corporate employers.
Schemmer's Des Moines Office
In 2010, Schemmer acquired Reveal Architecture, a small firm located in Des Moines. This acquisition added a wealth of experience in senior living, multi-family housing and healthcare projects. Since that time, Schemmer has continued to excel in these project types, as well as many others.
Schemmer’s seven Iowa State University alumni all provide unmatched architectural services to our clients. They work alongside our engineers and construction administration staff to deliver creative solutions that balance design, function, cost efficiency and respect for the natural environment.
Our team helps our clients visualize their projects from concept to 3D virtual reality. They thrive on the challenges and opportunities that come with helping our clients reach their goals.
Some of our Iowa projects include:
- Iowa Veterans Home
- Good Samaritan Society - Indianola
- Veterans Administration Des Moines Campus
- CHI Health Mercy Healing Garden
- Sullivan Supply
- Golden Grain Energy Office Addition
- The Forge Restoration
- Pella Community Center
- Friley Residence Hall Roof Replacement – Iowa State University
- Iowa Department of Administrative Services Alcohol and Beverage Warehouse Expansion
- Iowa National Guard Vehicle Maintenance Instruction Facility
- Wright County Courthouse – Courtroom Remodel
- Nonpareil Building
- Children’s Square U.S.A. – Academic Center and Residential Treatment Unit
- North Central States Regional Council of Carpenters Training Center
When you are ready to get to work on your next project, give us a call!
DESIGN WITH PURPOSE. BUILD WITH CONFIDENCE.
Schemmer is a full-service architecture, engineering, and construction field services, consultant. Providing responsible solutions for complex design and construction-related challenges.
Founded in 1959, we are grounded in our past but remain fully committed to the future. Located in three States and six offices throughout the Midwest, Schemmer is providing services to clients from coast-to-coast and border-to-border across the United States.
Schemmer's services include:
- Field Services